The Deep South state of Mississippi may not be the first place you think to grow weed, but it is actually the best place to grow weed in the South. This is because of two reasons- Mississippi has decriminalized marijuana, and cultivation is the same as possession. Since the possession laws are fairly relaxed, you could grow a small amount of marijuana, and if caught, only face a fine. Of course, you don’t want to get caught, (no one wants his or her weed confiscated) but not going to jail if you do is nice.
Mississippi has decriminalized marijuana, meaning most weed related charges will not result in years of jail time. This includes possession of up to 30 grams of marijuana. If you have less than 30 grams, (including any plants if you grow weed in Mississippi), and are caught, you will only pay a $250 fine. Not a bad deal considering every state that borders Mississippi is a lot less lenient.
Even though they have decriminalized marijuana, it is still a far step from being legal. The state does not have a medical marijuana program, and it has mandatory minimums for second-time offenders. Whereas 30 grams would give you a fine before, the second time its five days in jail. So Mississippi is not the most easy-going decriminalized state, but so far, it is the only decriminalized state on the Gulf Coast. That says something on its own.
Growing marijuana in Mississippi
Since it is still somewhat of a risk to grow weed in Mississippi, it is important to know how to do it without getting caught. Here are three simple steps:
- Download and read The Marijuana Grow Bible. Read the entire book. Not only does it have advice on how to grow marijuana, it has clear instructions for how to do it and not get caught.
- Purchase Seeds. Do not, (I repeat: Do Not), buy cheap seeds. You will waste your time on low-quality buds that might not even grow. Instead, buy marijuana seeds at I love Growing Marijuana and know that your marijuana plant will grow good and strong.
- Grow Marijuana. If you’ve read the Grow Bible, and you have your seeds, you are ready to grow some weed! Since Mississippi has not legalized weed growing, I would recommend starting out with 1 or 2 plants. If you have more than that, you may get in a lot of
Tips & tricks
Here are a few other laws about marijuana you might want to keep in mind while in Mississippi:
- When traveling, keep your weed in the trunk. Weed anyplace else is 90 days in jail.
- Hash is not decriminalized. Even the tiniest amount of it is jail time. Grow weed in Mississippi and stick to the buds.
- Mississippi has a medical CBD program, but it is only for ‘intractable epilepsy’. The state considers medical CBD as extract with more than 15% CBD and less than .5% THC.
View other states
Alabama | Alaska | Arizona | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Delaware | Florida | Georgia | Hawaii | Idaho | Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Michigan | Minnesota | Mississippi | Missouri | Montana | Nebraska | Nevada | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New Mexico | New York | North Carolina | North Dakota | Ohio | Oklahoma | Oregon | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | South Carolina | South Dakota | Tennessee | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | Washington DC | West Virginia | Wisconsin | Wyoming