What to do when your marijuana grow room is very humid? The grow space will naturally be humid because the marijuana plants emanate moisture that collects in the garden space. To get rid of that moisture, the easiest thing you can do is ventilate the room and replace the moisture with drier air.
For gardens that are closed systems, a dehumidifier must be used. Dehumidifiers have cold tubing that will condense the moisture in the air and make it less humid. Of course, they do release heat and can make the grow space too hot if you’re not careful. To avoid overheating, just affix some air vent tubing to the dehumidifier’s exhaust so that the heat is pointed outside the grow space.
If the room is both hot and humid, an air conditioner could work toward removing the moisture while cooling the garden. Make sure to download my free marijuana grow bible at this link and learn how to create perfect conditions in your marijuana grow room.
- Grow with my Quick Start Guide
- Discover secrets to Big Yields
- Avoid common grow mistakes
Hot grow room
What to do when your marijuana room is too hot? There are plenty of ways to cool down an overheated grow room. See what suits you best:
- It can be ventilated to remove the heat.
- An air conditioner can replace the hot air with cool air.
- Prior to flowering, an air cooler that evaporates water to lower the temperature can be beneficial. These coolers won’t add too much moisture to the air and are ideal and extremely efficient during vegetative growth. They are, however, not good for plants in the flowering stage because they create too much moisture.
- If the temperature drops drastically at night, you could solve the heat issues by running the garden’s lights at night instead of during the day.
- Hydroponically-grown plants can shift temperatures based on how hot or cold the water is. You can keep the plants cool even if it’s technically hot outside. If the room temperature is somewhere in the 80’s (27-30*C), try to keep the water temperature in the 60’s (15-20*C). Growers can install aquarium water coolers to keep the water cool automatically.
Also read Ideal temperature for marijuana plants
- Any heat-producing equipment should be taken out of the grow room if at all possible (e.g. light ballasts and large pumps).
- Avoiding heat starts from the beginning. Take preventative measures to ensure that heat will not be an issue with your crop. Air- or water-cooled lights keep the lamp’s heat from entering the garden. A series of tubes takes the heat from the lamps to the outside without affecting the temperature in the grow room itself.
Download my free grow guide and order some high-quality seeds.
Buy high-quality seeds
- We ship daily to all U.S. states for FREE!
- Our seeds are guaranteed to germinate
- Consistent heavy yields
- Guaranteed delivery
- Get 24/7 grow support
For any growing related questions please visit the marijuana support page.