Do you consider yourself a cannabis concentrate connoisseur? Perhaps you are looking for a unique way to use the fruits of your harvest. Either way, you should try a making Bubble Hash. This pure concentrate is the best way to get the most potency out of your marijuana.
What is it exactly?
What is Bubble Hash? An Ultimate Guide
Bubble Hash isn’t new, but it also isn’t very common. However, thanks to legalization, (and its awesome potency), it’s gaining popularity.
It’s also very easy to make yourself!
Want to learn more about making your own Bubble Hash as well as hash in general?
You’re about to learn something amazing.
Download my free marijuana grow guide and start growing high quality strains
- Grow with my Quick Start Guide
- Discover secrets to Big Yields
- Avoid common grow mistakes
What Is Hash?
Before we discuss Bubble Hash, let’s first learn a little science about plain hash.
First, the basics:
Trichomes are produced on the buds of both Sativa and Indica marijuana plants. At a quick glance, they look like tiny, fine hairs. But up close, trichomes look mushroom-like, with stiff, round heads.
On those ‘mushroom heads’ are flavonoids, terpenes, and cannabinoids. They are actually manufactured and stored here. This is the part of the cannabis plant that produces euphoria, relieves pain, and gets you high.
When you smoke or partake in edibles, hundreds of trichomes may enter your system. They are mixed with the plant matter of marijuana, which tends to dilute them.
So, how do you optimize this process?
You remove those trichomes from the plant matter, of course! Thankfully there are numerous ways to remove the trichomes out of the cannabis buds and create an extremely potent extract.
The Simplest Method:
The oldest method known to man involves simply placing a bud between both hands and rubbing. Eventually, you’ll form a ball of gooey stuff. These concentrates are the trichomes!
This concentrated form of trichomes all smooshed up together is known as hashish or hash. Other common names for it are marijuana wax, weed wax, and kief.
Stoners can be very inventive, especially when it comes to discovering ways to get THC-high. Some have come up with ingenious ways to extract trichomes from a marijuana plant to produce extremely strong concentrates.
Other ways of producing concentrates include:
- CO2 Extraction
- Butane Extraction
- Ethanol Extraction
- Alcohol Extraction
- Ice Water Extraction
Bubble hash and the ice water extraction method go hand-in-hand.
What Is Bubble Hash?
Bubble Hash is a concentrate produced by lowering the temperature of dried, cured marijuana buds. Then, the trichomes are separated using a system of progressively smaller screens. In the end, only the trichomes remain.
Where does the name come from?
Mesh-like screens used when extracting trichomes from cannabis plants are called bubble bags. Some say the name may also be related to the bubbles that form when you smoke Bubble Hash.
How to Make Bubble Hash?
You only need water and ice to make this type of hash. Since you aren’t adding anything, that makes it one of the purest ways to extract concentrated marijuana possible.
The process is simple -all you need is patience, time, and a little bit of work. Plus, it’s totally worth it!
What you’ll need:
- Ice (10-15 Pounds)
- Stir Sticks
- 5-Gallon Bucket
- 3-4 Ounces of dried and cured marijuana
- Purified Water
- Bubble Bags
Download the Free Harvesting Guide to learn more about when and how to harvest your Marijuana plants.
- Time your harvest for perfect taste
- Get THC levels for a perfect high
- Don’t waste any precious bud
3 Tips to Producing Very Potent Bubble Hash
Bubble Hash is easy to make, but if you want the best results, you should do these things:
Ensure you grow fat resinous buds to make proper bubble hash! My Grow Bible shows you all the ins and outs to grow resin-heavy weed.
Once you have your marijuana:
1. Get Your Buds Extremely Cold
Frozen ice will get your buds cold. But to make it as cold as possible, chill everything else as well. That means the air and the water, too.
2. Only Use Purified Water
There are fluoride, chlorine and other unnatural chemicals in tap water. Extracted trichomes and chemicals don’t mix well, especially if you want to produce pure concentrates.
3. Quality Cannabis Required
The better your buds, the more potent your Bubble Hash. It’s okay to use trim or shake. But your concentrate won’t be as top-notch.
It’s doesn’t matter which marijuana strain you use, just make sure you use the highest quality that you can find.
Step-By-Step Guide to Making DIY Bubble Hash
Want to make your own Bubble Hash?
- Layer three or four of your screens or bubble bags in your bucket. Start with the smallest. End with the largest. The screen’s numbers tell you the size.
- Add 3-4 ounces of pure, quality marijuana.
- On top of that, pour ½ of the bag of ice.
- Add about eight cups of purified water. Make sure it covers the buds hiding beneath the ice.
- Mix everything up, stirring for about 15-20 minutes.
- Let it sit for about 20-30 minutes to settle.
- Bubble Bag 1 – Partly pull the top bubble bag out of the bucket, letting it drain. Squeeze the bag to get as much water out as possible.
- Let it sit.
- Bubble Bag 2 – Pull the next bubble bag out. Use a spoon to scrape the bottom of the screen to remove the Bubble Hash material.
- Place the material on the cheesecloth. (Note: This form is the least pure. But it still gets you high.)
- Bubble Bag 3 – Remove the third bubble bag and allow it to drain into your bucket. Do NOT squeeze this one. Just let the water drain naturally.
- Use a spoon to scrape all the material from the bottom of the bag.
- Place the Bubble Hash on the cheesecloth. There should be more of this material than what was extracted from the first bag. It will also contain less plant matter and have a lighter color.
- More Bubble Bags? If you have more than three, keep removing them and scraping the material out until they’re all done.
- Fold your cheesecloth over the material and gently press down. Use it to remove the rest of the water.
You now have multiple grades of Bubble Hash. The number of grades you end up with depends on the number of screens you used while extracting the material.
What to do now…
You can either mix all the grades together for one potent mixture. Or you can keep them separate and smoke them grade by grade.
You’ve just extracted your own Bubble Hash concentrate!
My Grow Bible e-book comes with even more tips on growing. Get your free download here.